I Was in a Car Accident a Few Weeks Ago in Which the SUV Rolled. Should I Be Checked Out by a Chiropractor?

Question by rheuertz: I was in a car accident a few weeks ago in which the SUV rolled. Should I be checked out by a chiropractor?
My mother’s chiropractor recommended that I get checked out by a chiropractor to see if there was any whiplash or any soft tissue injuries that resulted from the accident. He said that in such an accident that most likely something(s) could have been jolted out of place. He also said that it is rare for him to see anyone who has been through such an accident to not have severe headaches as a result anywhere from a few months to a year later.

Should I go to a chiropractor to get whatever may be out of place straightened out or wait and see what happens?
I was taken to the ER at the nearest hospital immediately afterwards and checked for internal injuries – all X-rays and CT scans came back negative. I’ve heard, though, that the equipment they use doesn’t look for soft tissue injuries, and that such injuries can take some time to show up.

Best answer:

Answer by Tatnic
I personally wouldn’t waste a minute going to a chiropractor. If you hit your head you should get a scan done, if not then unless you are in pain don’t worry about it. Chiro’s in my opinion are some of the biggest quacks out there….why on earth insurance companies reimburse them is beyond me.

no doc here….just heard of many instances where even a little bump on the head can create problems…brain swelling, hemmoraging, etc. If you hit your head get it checked.

Answer by Rodolfo V.
You should have gone to the emergency room immediately. Since you didn’t I suggest that you get a copy of the accident report(if on was filed) and see your physician for a check up. He may then refer you to an orthopedic physician if needed. Whomever owned the vehicle is responsible for the costs of both visits and you should see that you are taken care of properly. Worst case scenario is using an attorney to get things taken care of in a timely manner. I do not recommend going to a chiropractor because they often refer to orthopedic surgeons.If you are in an accident your first obligation is to make sure you are not injured as soon as possible. You could have an injury that might not manifest itself till later.

Give your answer to this question below!


Ryan raises cash with charity walk
Doctors wondered whether he would walk again after two major operations and a stroke following his injury. The young player made a remarkable recovery, asking for physiotherapy and walking as much as he could. Just weeks ago, short walks were leaving … Read more on Dewsbury Reporter

Neuro-Rehab Can Rewire Your Brain to Lift Paralysed Arm
After having been rendered a half-cripple by a stroke, Abhishek Bachchan in Mani Ratnam's Guru, shakes off his temporary disability, rises to his feet and delivers a stirring speech before a packed tribunal. Inspirational but untrue? Maybe not. There … Read more on The New Indian Express

Andrew Marr Was Right to Call for More Stroke Rehab
It's the older person who broke a hip or a wrist in a fall and needs physiotherapy to avoid going into a care home. And it's the arthritis patient who needs treatment after a knee or hip replacement to ensure the surgery is a success and prevent a … Read more on Huffington Post UK

Tags: , , , ,